The Weed Science program, based out of the University of California Cooperative Extension- Napa County office, holds a wealth of weed related information and is a must visit if you are looking to learn more about control tactics or identification. You can also find some important links below:
UC Weed Science Blog
Will Rising Temperatures Make Superweeds Even Stronger? Widely used herbicides are struggling to kill some weeds. Some experts think heat could be part of the problem. From the digital magazine,...
Weed Science-Based Summer Scholars Opportunity at Cornell University Guess what, undergraduates! Cornell AgriTech in Geneva has received the green light to proceed with the 2021 season of the Summer...
In 2017, I started getting reports of a watergrass biotype/species (Echinochloa spp.) that was difficult to control using our suite of herbicides registered in rice. At the time, I knew we had...
Scott Stoddard, University of California Cooperative Extension (Merced County) Farm Advisor, takes a look at weeds in a corn field, cotton field and a ditch in the Dos Palos area. He discusses...
- Weed Research & Information Center (UC WeedRIC)
- Weed ID Tool
- Cal-IPC: California Invasive Plant Council
- Herbicide Symptoms - UC IPM
- Western Society of Weed Science
- Weed Science Society of America
- California Weed Science Society
- California Department of Pesticide Regulation
- California Department of Food and Agriculture Integrated Pest Control (IPC)