883 Lakeport Boulevard
Lakeport, CA 95453
My educational background consists of studies that focused on agricultural/horticultural sciences. I have a B.S. degree in Agronomy, Masters' and a Ph.D. degree in Agronomy Sciences (Plant Production/ Weed Science). Also, an additional Masters' degree in Crop & Soil Science (Turfgrass/Weed Science) from Auburn University. Extensive experience and knowledge of managing crops, horticulture, turfgrass, and weeds in a wide range of environments.
My current research and crop responsibilities center around Diversified Agricultural Farms, including horticulture crops, commercial fruit, and nut crops, and weed sciences exploring chemical and organic options for weed control, improving pesticide application technology, drone use for data collection and pesticide application, and pollinator-serving plant communities.
SpecialtyDiversified Agricultural - Weed Science (Chemical and Organic Approaches), Integrated pest management, Ornamental Crops, and Turfgrass
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Plant Management Systems
- Weeds Affecting Plants
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Askew, D. S. (2022). Field Assessment of Flazasulfuron and Trifloxysulfuron Sodium Drift. International Turfgrass Society Research Journal.
- Koo, D. (2022). Lolium arundinaceum Leaf and Root Developmental Temperatures Influence Allelopathic Potency on Poa annua. International Turfgrass Society Research Journal.
- Askew, W. L. B. (2022). Postemergence Polygonum aviculare Control in Cynodon dactylon Turf. International Turfgrass Society Research Journal.
- Goddard, M. J. R. (2022). Selective Perennial Ryegrass Control in Creeping Bentgrass with Flazasulfuron. International Turfgrass Society Research Journal.
- Jester, J. L. (2022). Turfgrass Response to Flazasulfuron and Trifloxysulfuron Sodium Deposited by Runoff Water. International Turfgrass Society Research Journal.
- Brown, A. M. (2021). Growing Degree-Days Optimize Trinexapac-Ethyl Reapplications on Ultradwarf Bermudagrass Putting Greens: I. Predicting the Maximum Suppression Point. Crop Science.
- Brown, A. M. (2021). Growing Degree-Days Optimize Trinexapac-Ethyl Reapplications on Ultradwarf Bermudagrass Putting Greens: II. Testing a Reapplication Schedule. Crop Science.
- Gonçalves, C. G. (2021). Metsulfuron on a granular fertilizer carrier applied at excessive rates causes injury on centipedegrass (Eremochloa ophiuroides). Crop, Forage & Turfgrass Management.
- Gonçalves, C. G. (2021). Perennial ryegrass phytotoxicity from mesotrione increases with rate and growth-promoting environmental conditions. Crop Science.
- Gonçalves, C. G. (2021). Response of seashore paspalum and bermudagrass to topramezone and triclopyr mixtures. Weed Technology.
- Goddard, M. J. R. (2021). Simulated controlled-release mesotrione for turfgrass tolerance and weed control. Weed Technology.